Reporting to the Financial Controller of LiquidStack, this role will perform a variety of accounting duties including A/P, A/R, banking, prepare journal entries, assist in budget development, and assist in preparation of accounting and financial reports for management. The successful individual must be able to provide accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity, and cash flows, while ensuring the company is compliant with all tax regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs and assists in all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Payroll and Expense Management.
- Reconciliation of customer A/R accounts, invoices, variances, and collections.
- First point of contact for customer A/R communications and deliverables.
- Treasury planning including preparation of monthly cash forecasts.
- Tracks and properly accounts for fixed assets.
- Works with staff to ensure that inventory records are accurate.
- Assists the Financial Controller with annual audit as required.
- Liaises and supports cross functional departments for their accounting needs.
- Analyzes and reconciles bank statements and general ledgers.
- Posts journal entries for accrued expenses and revenue.
- Ensures compliance with relevant finance policies and procedures.
- Liaises with tax authorities on tax related issues.
- Processes monthly and bonus payroll.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and/or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting.
- Experience with multi-currency, multi-subsidiarity environments.
- Knowledge in ASC606 GAP Accounting principles and procedures is consider a strong asset.
- Solid understanding with creating financial statements including P&L, income statements, balance sheets and cash flows.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end closing process.
- Strong knowledge in accounting software, data and administrative management and ERP systems.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and able to work independently.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written).
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.