Reporting to the Global Services Director of LiquidStack, this role will primarily provide internal technical support for customer quotations and business development for various immersion cooling applications. Using 3D and 2D models, this individual will be responsible for taking customer dimensional data and providing layout drawings and designs using LiquidStack product offerings. This role will work very closely with our Business Development team, Commercial Sales team and our Engineering team at our Innovation Center. This individual will learn about a variety of new technologies, which can shape the data center industry for decades to come. We are looking for a driven individual who is passionate about this profession and wants to be a team member of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Business Development and Commercial Sales team with the design, layout and costing for specific customer applications.
- Provides pre-sale support and assists with technical product questions for all customers and engineers.
- Communicates with the Business Development and Engineering team to handle requests for quotations.
- Collaborates and supports the engineering and product management team.
- Provides support with visual presentations, proposals and animation using 2D and 3D models.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma/Higher Diploma/BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or an equivalent degree. MSc is considered a plus.
- 2-3 years of proven experience in the mechanical, thermal, industrial, or manufacturing industry.
- Thermal system design or HVAC/R experience is considered an asset.
- Data Center, IT Infrastructure or process cooling/heating experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, 2D modeling and/or other solid modeling is preferred.
- Experience with photo-realistic rendering and animation is a strong asset.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and able to work independently.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written).
- Fluent in English; Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Depending on local law, candidates may be asked to show a government issued certificate of being fully vaccinated, including any updated vaccine doses recommended or required by local government authorities prior to the date of hire. Do not disclose any medical information.
- As the pandemic continues business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.