Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of LiquidStack, this role will establish and oversee LiquidStack’s strategic direction and planning initiatives. This involves building strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and provide guidance during strategic planning cycles with the development of detailed business plans, including supporting financial assessments. The individual will analyze emerging industry trends, target markets, competitive threats, M&A opportunities, and sources of capital. We are looking for a driven individual who is passionate about analysis, planning, leadership, and execution with one of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and manages business projects, strategic planning and business transformation.
- Collaborates with all departments and aligns strategic priorities with measurable action plans.
- Researches, analyzes, and presents detailed reports on operational and strategic issues.
- Establishes and retains relationships with industry analysts and the investment community.
- Utilizes data driven methodologies to improve business performance metrics and process options.
- Brings an outside-in view to analyze competition and perform benchmark analysis.
- Identifies areas to expand LiquidStack’s portfolio for optimized performance and competitiveness.
- Develops reporting and tools to communicate strategic plans and concepts to the leadership team.
- Applies business judgement and knowledge of LiquidStack’s solutions to identify new areas of opportunity and innovation to devise feasible and actionable recommendations for profitable growth.
- Prepares and presents reports of findings to key stakeholders within LiquidStack.
- Creates and manages action plans to meet critical needs and deliverables.
- Ad hoc projects which are not naturally owned by a function, business unit or region.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Engineering and/or related discipline. Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in related roles, preferably including all or any of the following: a) consulting b) previous corporate strategy role c) internal audit experience d) private equity or financial background.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to screen and quickly absorb information on topics from multiple sources and synthesize it to make meaningful recommendations.
- Fast learning capacity and curiosity for LiquidStack’s business and those of our competitors, including new business models and disruptors.
- Resourceful, tenacious and self-starter attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Open-minded, actively listens to others, understands and values others’ views.
- Ability to connect with people easily, to win buy-in for proposed recommendations.
- High level of maturity: ability to liaise with counterparts from different parts of the organization, including senior executives.
- Strong organization, project planning and problem-solving skills.
- Structured way of working; ability to work under time pressure; excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative and a team player that is driven but balanced, thoughtful and passionate about the success of a collective team.
- Finance literacy: understanding of a P&L and Balance Sheets.
- Comfortable operating with a very strict level of confidentiality.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and maintaining critical deadlines, paired with strong work ethics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, especially the ability to structure and simplify complex technical communications (verbal & written).
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint is required; generally tech savvy.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets, strong interpersonal skills to build good relationships across departments and external partnerships.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Valid passport & driver’s license with no infractions that would limit ability to travel.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.