Reporting to the Engineering Director of LiquidStack – Liquid Cooling, this position will research chemicals and chemistries for mission-critical heat rejection applications, conduct chemical testing and document results. This role focuses on chemical and material compatibility and will work very closely with our engineering team. The role will learn new technologies that will improve and shape the data center industry. We are looking for a passionate and driven individual within the profession who wants to be a team member on one of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Research various types of heat transfer fluids, predominantly fluorinated fluids.
● Conducts research for fundamental understanding of chemical processes of electronics cooling with inert fluids.
● Designs, conducts, and documents tests for chemical compatibility including Soxhlet and CCT (Component Compatibility Testing / Sealed Tube).
● Arranges spectroscopy and other tests to identify materials.
● Analyzes test results, prepares internal presentations, and provides recommendations.
● Performs calibration and maintenance of lab instruments & equipment.
● Maintains and updates lab inventory to ensure smooth daily operations.
● Actively participates in Safety, health & environment programs to ensure a high standard of workplace safety.
● Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
● Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Degree in Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / Materials Science or relevant disciplines.
● A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in chemical engineering.
● Knowledge in fluorinated fluids and refrigeration is considered a strong asset.
● Experience building test prototypes, jigs and conducting tests.
● Self-starter that can be hands-on and work independently.
● Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
● Able to prioritize tasks and keep critical deadlines.
● Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
● Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
● Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
● Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills.
● Very good command of English, fluency in Cantonese is considered an asset.
● Proficient knowledge in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required; general tech savvy.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.