Reporting to the Global Supply Chain Director of LiquidStack – Liquid Cooling, this position will be responsible for ensuring the continuous supply of assigned commodities while maintaining thorough marketing knowledge. This includes strong knowledge in feedstocks, availability of resources and supply risk management. The role will learn new technologies that will improve and shape the data center industry. We are looking for a passionate and driven individual within the profession who wants to be a team member on one of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and improve business partnerships with current/new suppliers while emphasizing on sourcing stability and driving total cost saving.
- Monitor material cost savings, reduction to capital costs, risk mitigation and sustainability.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term procurement strategies for assigned tasks.
- Prepare and execute bids/negotiations.
- Ensure accuracy of business information in relation to the purchased functions. This includes purchase price variance, payment terms, sourcing master data and more.
- Serve as a lead and resource to other departments when new sourcing is needed.
- Provide support to the Operation Purchasing team as needed.
- Evaluates supplier performance through QBRs to drive improvements – including the quality, deliveries, innovation, and cost reduction)
- Ensure purchasing databases are up to date.
- Seek opportunities that will support LiquidStack’s Supplier business strategy.
- Provide support for audits as needed.
- Support and participates in global sourcing activities as needed.
- Actively participates in Safety, health & environment program to ensure a high standard of workplace safety.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business/Supply Chain Management or other related discipline required.
- A minimum of 5 years of supply chain experience in manufacturing and ODM environment.
- Has CIPS, APICs and/or CPM or equivalent certification.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to navigate in cross function environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is considered an asset.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and work independently.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks and keep critical deadlines.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Very good command of English, fluency in Cantonese is considered an asset.
- Proficient knowledge in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required; general tech savvy.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.