Reporting to the Sr. Electrical Engineer of LiquidStack, this role will primarily design, construct and deploy electrical control systems including communication, power generators, motors, and navigation systems. The successful individual will perform risk assessments as well as ensure design quality and safety standards. The individual will work closely with other engineering functions to create, manage, and verify technical solutions for electrical control panels on our liquid cooling products.
The individual will learn about a variety of new technologies, which can shape the data center industry for decades to come. We are looking for a driven individual that is passionate about this profession and wants to be a team member of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, builds, and tests electrical control panels to ensure the quality, safety, cost, and schedule targets are met.
- Develops manufacturing processes according to global engineering codes and standards.
- Ensures installation and operation conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical system specifications and/or technical drawings.
- Prepares the Bill of Material and necessary material arrangements for the control panel building.
- Provides support for other R&D activities such as design, analysis, development of software and hardware.
- Supports cross functional teams to perform and apply appropriate tools, such as 8D and A3 for trouble shooting and testing.
- Assists with workflow optimization for electrical system design processes.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes to ensure electrical design quality and safety are up to standard.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electrical engineering and/or related disciplinary.
- Minimum 5 years of product design experience in electrical home appliances, power systems, automotive or related electromechanical products.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, E-Plan and/or other electrical drawing tool is preferred.
- Experience with P&ID design can be an advantage.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification is considered an asset.
- Proactive, engaged, and willing to learn.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and able to work independently.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written).
- Fluent in English; Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Depending on local law, candidates may be asked to show a government issued certificate of being fully vaccinated, including any updated vaccine doses recommended or required by local government authorities prior to the date of hire. Do not disclose any medical information.
- As the pandemic continues business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.