Reporting to the Engineering Director of LiquidStack, this role will serve as the technical expert in product development and innovation design for our liquid cooling systems. The individual must have the ability to define engineering resources, technology solutions, design lead-time and apply the appropriate development processes to ensure product quality and safety. The individual will learn about a variety of new technologies which can shape the data center industry for decades to come. We are looking for a driven Engineering Manager that is passionate about this profession and wants to be a team leader on one of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs the system architecture and integrates technical solutions for new development products.
- Leads assigned engineering functions and collaborates with the PMO to ensure the quality, safety, schedule, and cost for new development products.
- Drives technical studies and evaluates concept according to the company product roadmap.
- Provides technical proposals and estimations to assist the commercial team.
- Identifies and manages technical risks for product development.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes to ensure product quality, reliability and safety evaluation tests are up to standard.
- Provides support and continuous improvement of all products and designs.
- Creates and designs necessary guidelines and procedures in support of the engineering functions.
- Supports cross functional teams to perform and apply appropriate tools for design and manufacturing quality improvements such as DFMEA, DFM and 8D.
- Performs regular supplier qualifications, component evaluations and cost reduction activities with the Supply Chain department.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical/Electrical and/or any related disciplinary.
- Minimum 10 years of product design experience in HVAC, power systems, home appliances, automotive, data center facilities, and/or similar electromechanical products.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, 2D modeling and/or other solid modeling is preferred.
- Experience with P&ID design.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification is considered an asset.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and able to work independently.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written).
- Fluent in English; Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.