Reporting to the Global Services Director of LiquidStack, this position will be responsible for timely Startup, maintenance and repairs of the equipment used in mission critical data center environments. This includes diagnosing errors or technical problems that arises during customer visits, determining the most effective solutions, conducting tests as well as advising and training customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides service and customer support during field visits and/or dispatches.
- Mentors, leads, and trains Field Service Technicians.
- Manages all on site startup, repair, maintenance, and test tasks.
- Diagnoses errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Produces timely and detailed service reports.
- Documents processes and provides feedback for improvement.
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner.
- Uses field service management systems for service reporting.
- Cooperates and shares information with the technical teams.
- Comprehends customer requirements and makes appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Builds positive relationships with customers.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma/GED
- Technical school or relevant military training in the field of HVAC/R or similar discipline is considered a strong asset.
- EPA 608 Universal Certificate.
- 5+ years of experience in field services leadership role.
- Data center and/or mission critical facility experience is preferred.
- Advanced capability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and able to work independently.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Fluent in English; Spanish and/or French is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically around 50% of the time, with some international travel possible.
- Valid passport & driver’s license with no infractions that would limit ability to travel.
- Depending on local law, candidates may be asked to show a government issued certificate of being fully vaccinated, including any updated vaccine doses recommended or required by local government authorities prior to the date of hire. Do not disclose any medical information.
- As the pandemic continues business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.