Reporting to the CEO, LiquidStack the Financial Controller position requires a candidate with experience as a Financial Controller, or Comptroller, to undertake all aspects of LiquidStack financial management including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget, and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Responsibilities also include financial risk management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Payroll, Expense Management and Revenue Recognition.
- Coordinates & directs the preparation of budget & financial forecasts with report variances.
- Prepares and publishes timely monthly financial statements.
- Coordinates the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance globally.
- Supports month-end and year-end close processes.
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manages and complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements, payroll, and tax filings.
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Interpretation and consolidation of all financial/accounting information as developed by operations and affiliates.
- Act in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Recognised professional accountancy qualification i.e. ACCA, CIMA, ACA (or equivalent) and a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Prior experience in a Controller position with P&L responsibility.
- Minimum 10 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- CPA/CA or equivalent with international certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of ASC606 GAP Accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software, Excel user and accounting administration skills.
- Experience with corporate governance and proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to work within in a fast paced environment while embracing frequent change.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to conduct effective meetings & presentations.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Multi-cultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciates working in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Valid passport and willingness to travel globally up to 10% of the time.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.