Reporting to the CEO of LiquidStack, this position develops and drives our global product roadmap & offer introductions with the world’s most efficient liquid cooling solutions for data centers, edge and high-performance computing applications. This role owns all aspects of assigned product line(s), from product launch, to driving ongoing category management & business growth while identifying next generation offers. The Global Product Line Manager works closely with the commercial team on complex technical engagements & opportunities, especially those requiring customization, competitive positioning, pricing strategy & financial modeling. The successful candidate works in lockstep with Engineering, R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, Legal and other cross-functional team members. The role is responsible for the profitability of the product line(s) in concert with each region of operation. Successful candidates exhibit strong commercial EQ with prior sales or business development experience desirable. This individual will be working in a highly energetic and collaborative global team to expand LiquidStack’s product and customer base for liquid cooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Thoroughly understands customer needs, global competitive market, industry and relevant technology trends to properly align product strategies.
● Manages and directs ongoing market research through customer contact, surveys, trade shows, journals, sales evaluations, monitoring competitors & industry trends.
● Develops annual category business plans including product strategies, positioning, pricing, competitive analysis, financial models, value propositions & sales forecasts.
● Defines and delivers products and solutions with compelling, sustainable advantages.
● Creates strong category and product messaging to clearly position the business unit as a market leader by delivering compelling value while exceeding customer expectations.
● Communicates with regional stakeholders to ensure needs of our global customers are accounted for in product launches, including messaging for the respective product line.
● Owns new product introduction execution including: product content, launch kit, training materials, sales tools, technical manuals, service manuals & sales resources for commercial team & customers.
● Acts as SME for LiquidStack technology and liaises between sales & engineering departments to support.
● Helps drive a culture of data driven decision making through measurement & reporting.
● Works with the marketing team to develop demand generation activities, programs, videos, blogs, ad campaigns, white papers and additional public relations.
● Maintains strong understanding of the product line(s) financial performance including management of business case, costing, pricing, gross margin & market competitiveness.
● Conducts ongoing evaluation of products or features to be added, enhanced, refined, developed or eliminated.
● Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to management or as needed.
● Attends conferences/exhibitions to support customer interests or speaking opportunities.
● Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
● Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university (B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent a plus).
● Minimum 10 years proven product management experience in the IT or Data Center/Telecoms industries.
● Knowledge of liquid cooling, heat rejection, data centers & IT equipment a plus.
● Self-starter that can be hands-on and work independently without day-to-day oversight.
● Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent communication (verbal & written) with strong interpersonal skills.
● Has total comfort presenting technical or commercial topics to audiences of all sizes.
● Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
● Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
● Appreciates working in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
● Total customer service focus with attention to quality.
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and generally tech-savvy.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
● Valid passport, willingness, and ability to travel globally up to 25% of the time.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.