Reporting to the Director of R&D, the successful individual will play a vital role in supporting our ongoing hardware-focused research projects aimed at advancing liquid cooling technologies. The individual will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of researchers and engineers to conduct experiments, collect and analyze data, and contribute to the development of innovative liquid cooling hardware solutions. We are looking for a driven Laboratory Technician that is passionate about this profession and wants to be a high performing contributor on one of the world’s global leaders in in liquid cooling solutions and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up, operates, and maintains laboratory equipment including testing benches, sensors, data loggers, and control systems.
- Performs in-house cold flow test for Coolant Distribution Units (CDUs).
- Assists in the design, calibration process and fabrication of experimental setups to ensure accurate and reliable data collection.
- Executes experiments, records observations, and gathers data systematically.
- Conducts performance and durability testing of liquid cooling hardware components, subsystems, and prototypes.
- Troubleshoots technical issues that arise during experiments and finds effective solutions.
- Maintains comprehensive and organizes records of experimental procedures, data, and outcomes.
- Contributes to technical reports, presentations, and documentation detailing experimental methodologies, results, and conclusions.
- Collaborates closely with research scientists, engineers, and other departments to achieve research goals.
- Communicates experimental findings, challenges, and progress effectively through verbal updates and written reports.
- Adheres to laboratory safety protocols, ensuring a safe working environment for all personnel.
- Complies with industry standards and regulations relevant to data center cooling testing and research.
- Performs routine maintenance, calibration, and upkeep of laboratory equipment to ensure optimal performance and accuracy.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate degree or higher in data center cooling, HVAC technology, mechanical engineering, or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of proven experience working in a laboratory environment with a focus on data center cooling or HVAC hardware testing and research.
- Proficiency in setting up and operating laboratory equipment, data collection tools, and instrumentation.
- Familiar with data center cooling systems, components, and/or immersion cooling technologies.
- Experience working in welding, plumbing codes, regulations and safety standards is a strong advantage.
- Industry knowledge in Direct to Chip (DTC) and Coolant Distribution Units (CDU) is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent English communication (verbal & written).
Special Conditions of Employment
- Willingness and ability to travel globally up to 5% of the time.
- Valid passport & driver’s license with no infractions that would limit ability to travel.
- Please note that the selected candidate for this position may be subject to a pre-employment background check and/or drug testing in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.