Reporting to the Director of R&D, the successful individual will play a vital role in supporting our ongoing hardware-focused research projects aimed at advancing immersion cooling technologies. The Laboratory Technician will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of researchers and engineers to conduct experiments, collect and analyze data, and contribute to the development of innovative immersion cooling hardware solutions. We are looking for a driven Laboratory Technician that is passionate about this profession and wants to be a high performing contributor on one of the world’s global leaders in in liquid cooling solutions and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up, calibrates, and operates laboratory equipment related to immersion cooling systems, such as testing benches, sensors, data loggers, and control systems.
- Assists in the design and fabrication of experimental setups for hardware testing, ensuring accurate and reliable data collection.
- Executes experiments, records observations, and gathers data systematically and accurately.
- Conducts performance and durability testing of immersion cooling hardware components, subsystems, and prototypes.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots technical issues that arise during experiments, working collaboratively to find effective solutions.
- Maintains comprehensive and organized records of experimental procedures, data, and outcomes.
- Contributes to technical reports, presentations, and documentation detailing experimental methodologies, results, and conclusions.
- Collaborates closely with research scientists, engineers, and other team members to achieve research goals.
- Communicates experimental findings, challenges, and progress effectively through verbal updates and written reports.
- Adheres to laboratory safety protocols, ensuring a safe working environment for all personnel.
- Complies with industry standards and regulations relevant to data center cooling testing and research.
- Performs routine maintenance, calibration, and upkeep of laboratory equipment to ensure optimal performance and accuracy.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate degree or higher in a relevant field such as data center cooling, HVAC technology, mechanical engineering, or a related discipline.
- Proven experience (3 years) working in a laboratory environment with a focus on data center cooling or HVAC hardware testing and research.
- Proficiency in setting up and operating laboratory equipment, data collection tools, and instrumentation.
- Familiarity with data center systems, components, and immersion cooling technologies.
- Hands-on experience in hardware fabrication, assembly, and basic machining.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent English communication (verbal & written).
- Conversational in Cantonese and/or Mandarin an asset.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Willingness and ability to travel globally up to 5% of the time.
- Valid passport & driver’s license with no infractions that would limit ability to travel.
- Please note that the selected candidate for this position may be subject to a pre-employment background check and/or drug testing in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.