Reporting to the Engineering Director of LiquidStack, this role will design, build, and document various mechanical prototypes for testing. The individual will work closely with our cross functional engineering team and learn about a variety of new technologies that can shape the data center industry for decades to come. We are looking for a driven Mechanical Engineer that is passionate about this profession and wants to be a team member on one of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mechanical engineering designs.
- Mechanical testing and prototyping.
- Provides technical support to project concept design and the assembly process.
- Ensures regular maintenance of machineries, facility apparatus and test rigs.
- Assists the Supply Chain department with the vendor selection process.
- Identifies and qualifies the necessary material and parts.
- Bill of Material optimization.
- Actively participates in Safety, health & environment program to ensure a high standard of workplace safety.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Higher Diploma/BSc in Mechanical Engineering and/or any related disciplinary.
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in mechanical engineering.
- Experience building test prototypes, jigs and conducting tests.
- Knowledge with refrigeration and/or electronics engineering is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and/or equivalent 3D software.
- Proactive, engaged, and willing to learn.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and able to work independently.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written).
- Spanish basic language skills are preferred.
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.