Reporting to the Director of R&D, this role will design, document and build various mechanical prototypes for testing. This role will work very closely with our global engineering team. You will learn about a variety of new technologies that will shape the data center industry for decades to come. We are looking for a driven Mechanical Engineer that is passionate about this profession and wants to be a team member of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling solutions and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates prototype mechanical CADs that support the product development process in alignment with the Engineering Center Mechanical team.
- Collaborates with Thermal and Simulation Engineers for prototype creation.
- Works with simulation engineers on simulation CAD preparation, parametric model setup and pass-through to simulation software.
- Streamlines the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) and the connection between CAE to production CAD.
- Provides technical support to project concept design and assembly.
- Conducts routine maintenance including but not limited to machines, facility apparatus and test rigs.
- Responsible for the vendor selection process and ensures the qualifications of materials are up to standard.
- Drives the Bill of Material optimization process.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- 1-3 years of proven experience working with mechanical products in a production environment.
- Experience with building test prototypes and jigs.
- Ability to conduct testing requirements.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or equivalent 3D software is required.
- Experience in SolidWorks Simulation or other CAE simulation is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge in refrigeration and/or electronics engineering is preferred.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and able to work independently.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent English communication (verbal & written).
- Conversational Cantonese and/or Mandarin an asset.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 5% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license with no infractions that would limit ability to travel.
- Please note that the selected candidate for this position may be subject to a pre-employment background check and/or drug testing in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.