Reporting to the Plant Manager of LiquidStack, this role supervises the production team (8-25 people) to ensure production is completed in a safe manner and in accordance with customer quality requirements and schedule commitments. The role will learn new technologies that will improve and shape the data center industry. We are looking for a passionate and driven individual within the profession who wants to be a key team member on one of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads and interprets assembly drawings, bills of material and related engineering/Quality documentation.
- Supervision of production team (8-25 people). Ensures team adherence to all LQS safety requirements in the manufacturing environment.
- Works with Industrial Engineer to ensure manufacturing team is properly trained in all required work instructions; assists Plant Manager in tracking cross-functional training progress across team.
- Performs minor electrical duties as required and provide coaching when appropriate.
- Collaborates with intercompany departments providing reports and implementation of policies/procedures.
- Actively participates in Safety, health & environment program to ensure a high standard of workplace safety.
- Coaches team members as needed to ensure continued performance and adherence to LQS standards.
- Periodically performs performance reviews of team members to identify potential opportunities for advancement, cross training, or other coaching.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LQS core values and according to LQS Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LQS health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Ability to work overtime as needed to maintain customer commitments.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Journeyman Electrician certification preferred.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in make-to or engineered-to-order plant environment, supervisory or other lead experience preferred.
- Experience coaching/teaching teammates in a manufacturing environment; especially with soldering, control panel wiring, mechanical assembly, piping installation, and controls installation, setup, and testing.
- Knowledge and practical experience applying lean manufacturing methodologies
- Competency with Microsoft Office software and ERP systems
- Spanish basic language skills are preferred.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and work independently.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks and keep critical deadlines.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.