Reporting to the Engineering Director of LiquidStack, this role will primarily write, design, and develop programs specific to customer and project requirements for automation equipment. The successful individual has extensive knowledge in computer control systems and can demonstrate a clear understanding of the mechanical and electrical principles. This individual will learn about a variety of new technologies that can shape the data center industry for decades to come. We are looking for a driven individual that is passionate about this profession and wants to be a team member of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and installs machine programs.
- Tests automated systems for efficiency, safety, and reliability.
- Experience in Building Management System (BMS) such as MODBUS and BACNet
- Performs troubleshooting for various instruments and system.
- Knowledge with server-side application development using Linux and Docker is a plus.
- Actively participates in Safety, health & environment program to ensure a high standard of workplace safety.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering/software engineering/mechanical engineering/electrical engineering/ and/or a similar field.
- Minimum 3 years programming and troubleshooting experience with PLC hardware and programming software.
- Experience with Siemens TIA Portal environment and CODESYS is preferred.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and able to work independently.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written).
- Spanish basic language skills are preferred.
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.