Reporting to the CEO of LiquidStack, this commercial role is critical to developing and closing a pipeline of business with the world’s most efficient liquid cooling solutions for Data Centers, Edge and High Performance Computing (HPC), including crypto-mining. The successful candidate will build strong relationships with targeted strategic accounts and partners, identify potential synergies and develop opportunities for standard and customized solutions within a defined geographical region. Oftentimes, these opportunities and projects require a significant amount of customization and engineering. The role will be instrumental in translating the customer needs to a solution definition, working closely with Product Management, Engineering and Supply Chain to execute and deliver projects. He or she shall work cross-functionally with Sales Operations, PMO, Legal and other team members to negotiate on behalf of the company. We’re looking for a driven commercial professional who’s passionate about selling in multi-stakeholder, nascent and complex selling environments. You’ll be working on a highly energetic and collaborative global team to expand LiquidStack’s customer base for liquid cooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently and effectively utilizes a deep understanding of liquid cooling in Datacom environments to evangelize & socialize our technology & capabilities.
- Identifies new strategic opportunities directly or through partners & works collaboratively across all functions to define potential solutions with a supporting business case.
- Develops detailed business plan(s), including key initiatives, opportunities, potential revenue/sales, limitations, risks and timelines for target clients and/or strategic markets.
- Enters, tracks and analyzes key forecast and business metrics through CRM system.
- Collaborates with the Product Management, Sales Operations and Services teams to accomplish deliverables and expand your book of business.
- Prioritizes business account(s) as to the prospect for growth and establishes forecast objectives aligned with company’s strategic plan and target markets.
- Consistently meets assigned goals, objectives, sales and revenue targets.
- Seeks customer feedback and conveys it to internal stakeholders you collaborate with.
- Keeps up to date on industry trends while providing market & competitor intelligence.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to management or as needed.
- Attends conferences/exhibitions to support customer interests or speaking opportunities.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university (with B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent a plus).
- A minimum of 8 years proven customer-facing commercial sales or business development experience in the IT or Data Center/Telecoms industries.
- Comprehensive knowledge of liquid cooling, heat rejection, data centers & IT equipment.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and work independently without day-to-day oversight.
- Ability to solve problems & deal with variables where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) with strong interpersonal skills.
- Has total comfort presenting technical or commercial topics to audiences of all sizes.
- Strong negotiation skills and a demonstrated record of successfully closing large complex deals, as well as prototype & test projects.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Multi-cultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciates working in global organizations with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Total customer service focus with attention to quality.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office and generally tech-savvy.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 50% of the time, with some international travel possible.
- Valid passport & driver’s license with no infractions that would limit ability to travel.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.