Reporting to the Director of Global Sales of LiquidStack, this commercial role is critical to identifying, developing and closing a pipeline of businesses with semiconductor, chip and server manufacturers. The successful candidate will build strong relationships with targeted strategic accounts and partners, identify potential synergies, and develop opportunities for standard and customized solutions within a defined geographical region. Oftentimes, these opportunities and projects require a significant amount of customization and engineering. The role will be instrumental in translating the customer needs to a solution definition, working closely with Product Management, Engineering and Supply Chain teams to execute and deliver projects. The role shall work cross-functionally with Sales Operations, Project Management Office (PMO), Legal and other team members to negotiate on behalf of the company. We are looking for a driven commercial professional who is passionate about selling in multi-stakeholder, nascent and complex selling environments. This individual will be working on a highly energetic and collaborative global team to expand LiquidStack’s customer base for liquid cooling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and develops new business opportunities with semiconductor, chip and server manufacturers.
- Efficiently and effectively utilizes a deep understanding of liquid cooling in Datacom environments to evangelize & socialize our technology & capabilities.
- Identifies new strategic opportunities directly or through partners & works collaboratively across all functions to define potential solutions with a supporting business case.
- Develops detailed business plan(s), including key initiatives, opportunities, potential revenue/sales, limitations, risks and timelines for target clients and/or strategic markets.
- Enters, tracks, and analyzes key forecast and business metrics through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Collaborates with the Product Management, Sales Operations and Services teams to accomplish deliverables and expand your book of business.
- Prioritizes business account(s) as to the prospect for growth and establishes forecast objectives aligned with the company’s strategic plan and target markets.
- Consistently meets assigned goals, objectives, sales, and revenue targets.
- Seeks customer feedback and conveys it to internal stakeholders you collaborate with.
- Keeps up to date on industry trends while providing market & competitor intelligence.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to management or as needed.
- Attends conferences/exhibitions to support customer interests or speaking opportunities.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university (with B.S. in Engineering, Business Administration and/or equivalent is a plus).
- A minimum of 5 years proven customer-facing commercial sales or business development experience in the server, chip, semiconductor manufacturing environment and/or industries.
- Comprehensive knowledge of liquid cooling, heat rejection, data centers and manufacturers.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and work independently without day-to-day oversight.
- Ability to solve problems & deal with variables where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) with strong interpersonal skills.
- Completely comfortable presenting technical or commercial topics to audiences of all sizes.
- Strong negotiation skills and a demonstrated record of successfully closing large complex deals, as well as prototype & test projects.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciates working in global organizations with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Total customer service focus with attention to quality.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office and generally tech-savvy.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 50% of the time, with some international travel possible.
- Valid passport & driver’s license with no infractions that would limit ability to travel.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.