Reporting to the Global Supply Chain Director of LiquidStack, this role will ensure the continuous supply of assigned commodities while maintaining thorough market knowledge on delegated parts and vendors. This includes foundation knowledge in feedstocks, availability of resources and supply risk management. This individual will participate and assist with complex and time sensitive projects in conjunction with cross functional teams. The role will learn new technologies that will improve and shape the data center industry. We are looking for a passionate and driven individual within the profession who wants to be a key team member on one of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and improves business partnerships with current and new suppliers with a strong emphasis on sourcing stability and total cost savings.
- Monitors progress against material cost savings, reductions to capital costs, risk mitigation, as well as sustainability.
- Develop and implement short and long-term Procurement Strategies for assigned tasks.
- Prepare and execute bids/negotiations.
- Ensures accuracy of business information in relation to the purchased functions including but not limited to purchase price variance, payment terms and sourcing master data.
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance of standard processes for the Supply Chain function.
- Serves as a resource to other departments when new sourcing is required.
- Evaluates supplier performance through Quarterly Business Reviews to drive improvements including the quality, deliveries, innovation, and cost reduction.
- Ensures purchasing databases are up to date with current lead times and prices.
- Seek opportunities that will support LiquidStack’s Supplier business strategy.
- Coordinates technical sessions with suppliers and the LiquidStack team as needed.
- Provides support for cross functional audits as required.
- Supports and participates in global sourcing activities as needed.
- Actively participates in Safety, health & environment program to ensure a high standard of workplace safety.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business/Supply Chain Management or other related discipline required.
- 5+ years of Supply Chain experience in manufacturing environment.
- Strong Negotiating skills.
- Ability to navigate cross functional work environments.
- Proficient knowledge in MS office suite is required; general tech savvy.
- Professional and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Has CIPS, APICs and/or CPM or equivalent certification.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is a plus.
- German, Spanish and/or Cantonese language skills are considered an asset.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and work independently.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks and keep critical deadlines.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Depending on local law, candidates may be asked to show a government issued certificate of being fully vaccinated, including any updated vaccine doses recommended or required by local government authorities prior to the date of hire. Do not disclose any medical information.
- As the pandemic continues business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.