Reporting to the Global Supply Chain Director of LiquidStack, this role is responsible for executing the strategic plan for procurement and commodity deliveries to balance costs and mitigate risks. This includes extensive knowledge in material planning, vendor management, cost reduction and supply risk management. The individual will lead complex and time sensitive projects in conjunction with cross functional teams. We are looking for a passionate and driven individual within the profession that wants to be a key team member on one of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and improves business partnerships with current and new suppliers with a strong emphasis on sourcing stability and total cost savings.
- Monitors progress against material cost savings, reductions to capital costs, risk mitigation, as well as sustainability.
- Develops and implements short and long-term Procurement Strategies.
- Negotiates price, contracts and processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Ensures accuracy of business information in relation to the purchased functions including but not limited to purchase price variance, payment terms and sourcing master data.
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance of standard processes for the Supply Chain function.
- Serves as a resource to other departments when global sourcing is required.
- Evaluates supplier performance through Quarterly Business Reviews to drive improvements including the quality, deliveries, innovation, and cost reduction.
- Ensures purchasing databases are up to date with current lead times and prices.
- Seek opportunities that will support LiquidStack’s Supplier business strategy.
- Drives technical sessions with suppliers and the LiquidStack team as needed.
- Provides support for cross functional audits as required.
- Actively participates in Safety, health & environment program to ensure a high standard of workplace safety.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Supply Chain Management or other related discipline required.
- 5+ years of Supply Chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- CIPS, APICs and/or CPM or equivalent certification preferred.
- Strong Negotiating skills.
- Proficient knowledge in MS office suite and experience with ERP/MRP systems is required.
- Professional and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Six Sigma certification (green belt, black belt, or master black belt) is an asset.
- Spanish basic language skills are preferred.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and work independently.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks and keep critical deadlines.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 25% of the time, with some international travel possible.
- Valid passport & driver’s license with no infractions that would limit ability to travel.
- Business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.