Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer of LiquidStack, this role plays an important part in the creation of standard technical documentation such as operating manuals, service manuals, and work instructions. Ideally, existing experience will support the drafting of patents and contributing to the IP/patent portfolio of the company. This role will work closely with the engineering team and cross-functionally with the legal team. The role will learn new technologies that will improve and shape the data center industry. We are looking for a passionate and driven individual within the profession who wants to be a team member on one of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Outlines, writes, and edits new and existing technical/service manuals, presentations, and work instructions.
● Documents test procedures and results.Works closely with internal teams to understand project and documentation requirements.
● Produces high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
● Prepares patent specifications and works with the legal team on patent drafts, art search and support other patent applications tasks.
● Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
● Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● A degree in an engineering or scientific field would be preferred, mechanical engineering or equivalent background would be preferred.
● A minimum of 5 years’ proven work experience in technical documentation writing.
● Work experience or exposure in patent research and writing an asset.
● Ability to explain and describe new technologies in a way that is concise and descriptive.
● Self-starter that can be hands-on and work independently.
● Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Able to prioritize completing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
● Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
● Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
● Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
● Excellent communication (verbal & written) with proven ability of producing comprehensive documents with a focus on accuracy.
● Proficient in English (native preferred), fluency in Cantonese is a strong plus.
● Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe illustrator and Photoshop required.
● Knowledge in Adobe InDesign and SolidWorks eDrawings is strongly preferred.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.