Reporting to the Director of Product Management of LiquidStack, this position supports our global product roadmap & offer introductions with the world’s most efficient liquid cooling solutions for data centers, edge and high-performance computing applications. This individual owns all technical aspects of assigned product line(s), from product launch, to driving ongoing category management & business growth while supporting next generation offers. The Technical Product Line Manager works closely with the commercial team on complex technical engagements & opportunities, especially those requiring customization, and competitive positioning. The individual will work in lockstep with Engineering, R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, Legal and other cross-functional team members. The successful individual will be working in a highly energetic and collaborative global team to expand LiquidStack’s product and customer base for liquid cooling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and executes new product launches for solutions with compelling and sustainable advantages.
- Supports product roadmap creation via ongoing technical market research and customer contact ie. Voice of Customer (VOC).
- Creates product marketing plans and sales tools including and not limited to product messaging, positioning and value proposition.
- Creates and manages modular data center offers.
- Manages New Product Introduction (NPI) process for roadmap and customer-specific projects (CSP).
- Coordinates sales forecasting and demand planning to Global Supply Chain.
- Establishes detailed competitive library by monitoring competitors, their value propositions and key features as well as industry trends.
- Supports the coordination of trade shows and other marketing initiatives including but not limited to surveys, journals, sales evaluations.
- Attends conferences/exhibitions to support customer interests or speaking opportunities.
- Presents to and trains on analytics to internal and external stakeholders that feeds into category business plans and technical product strategies.
- Maintains and updates CRM (Salesforce) and order-entry systems (pricing/lead-time/catalog updates).
- Kicks off and drives special projects as necessary (ie. a new partner program).
- Acts as the technical expert for LiquidStack technology and liaises between the sales & engineering departments.
- Helps promote a culture of data driven decision making through measurement & reporting.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and/or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of proven product management experience in the IT or Data Center/Telecoms industries.
- Aptitude in liquid cooling and knowledge in heat rejection, data centers and IT equipment is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Salesforce, CAD and generally tech-savvy.
- Self-starter and takes ownership that can be hands-on and work independently without day-to-day oversight.
- Capacity and willingness to learn with an open mind.
- Ability to leverage creative ideas and identify proper implementation.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate roadblocks.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) with strong interpersonal skills with ability to distill complex information.
- Possesses total comfort presenting technical or commercial topics to audiences of all sizes with focus on customer service.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciates working in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 15% of the time, with some international travel possible.
- Valid passport & driver’s license with no infractions that would limit ability to travel.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.