Reporting to the Engineering Director of LiquidStack, this role will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of the thermal and cooling system development process, from concept and testing to execution and maintenance of data centers. The successful individual will perform thermal analysis, test processes, monitor system performances and identify areas that can be improved for greater efficiency. The individual will work very closely with our engineering team and will have the opportunity to learn about a variety of new technologies that will shape the data center industry for decades to come. We are looking for a driven Thermal Engineer that is passionate about this profession and wants to be a team member on one of the world’s global leaders in liquid cooling for data centers, edge, and high-performance computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptual designs of HVAC solution for data centers, specifically with water cooling.
- Manages pressure loss simulation of water-cooling systems and optimize for efficiency.
- Designs and creates documentation such as PI&D.
- Designs testing procedures and control equipment to accurately assess products and identify area that require modification for further testing.
- Works with vendors and partners to plan, design, and build prototype.
- Collaborates with the engineering team and external consultants on manufacturing designs for data centers.
- Responsible for the calculations and simulations including heat transfer, resistance and CFD.
- Oversees all aspect of production and develops a manufacturing selection process.
- Evaluate costs, feasibility, implementation, and material optimization.
- Acts in a manner consistent with LiquidStack’s core values and according to LiquidStack’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behavior.
- Complies with standards and procedures of LiquidStack’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma/Higher Diploma in HVAC/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and/or similar fields.
- HVAC / Air Conditioning / Refrigeration certificate is preferred.
- Five years of experience with designing and calculating HVAC systems in industrial buildings and/or data centers.
- Able to perform air flow, thermal flow, and temperature calculations.
- Proficient in AUTOCAD 2D / 3D, SolidWorks and/or similar software.
- Knowledge in pressure drop simulation software is a plus.
- Knowledge in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and thermal analysis software is preferred.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing tasks and keeping to critical deadlines.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on and able to work independently.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures and mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with teammates in different time zones/regions.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written).
- Fluent in English; Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Depending on local law, candidates may be asked to show a government issued certificate of being fully vaccinated, including any updated vaccine doses recommended or required by local government authorities prior to the date of hire. Do not disclose any medical information.
- As the pandemic continues business partners that LiquidStack work with may require your verifiable vaccination status, not medical information, to be provided to LiquidStack.
- LiquidStack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.